Friday, June 18, 2010

New Laundry System

I got this idea from another blog. Thought I would give it a try and it really works for me. Here's my new system:
I have one laundry basket per family member labeled with that person's name. They stay lined up in the hallway outside the laundry room(this is because we don't have a big enough laundry room to line them up in). When I fold the clothes I put them directly into the correct basket. When the basket gets about half full I say "BASKETS" and the kids know to go get their basket, take it to their room and put their clothes away. They put all undies, socks, jammies, and shorts/pants in the correct drawers. All shirts are hung up in the closet by the kids themselves. They then must bring the laundry basket back downstairs to the hall. For the dirty clothes- a hamper is provided in the boys room and when it gets full they bring it down and dump it in the laundry room. This has helped me a lot!!! My problem was the clothes would get "stuck" once they were clean and folded. I had trouble putting them away. I would pile them up in clean piles but not put them away. This way everyone is responsible for putting away their own clothes(including me). My kids are 5 and 8 and once I showed them how to do it they have done a great job with hanging things up themselves...may not always be perfect but hey...I'm far from perfect myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment