Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We just got back from our little road trip to see my mom. It was just me and the boys this time. No Neal, no dogs. I enjoyed visiting with mom. She and I enjoy watching the nightly news together. We went swimming a bunch in our short time of being there. The boys loved it! On our last day and our last swim I let them jump in with their undies only on and they thought that was the funniest thing ever. My mom really pets them a bit when it comes to snack time at night. She arranges fruit, cheese, crackers, and marshmallows on a "duck platter" for the kids each night we stay there. It has become sort of a tradition to have this bedtime snack at their "Dot's". Our next trip to see her is planned for the fourth of July. We always have a big party at her house on that day and then shoot fireworks that night. I mainly remember the extreme heat and humidity of being outside all day and evening. Plus she always makes brownies with little flags stuck in them. Tomorrow Carson has a eye doctor appointment to check out a problem he seems to be having with floaters. Hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment